From Pilot Phase to A Sustainable Future
THE CHRISTUS DIFFERENCE
- We are the only integrated Young Adult Ministry in the country engaging singles, couples, and young families with parishes.*
- We are in partnership with 8 dioceses, 4 religious orders, and 10 parishes to build the local Church.
- We are forming people more than just running programs.
- Our scalability is in empowering people to learn, grow, and adapt to serve their local environment using discerning processes.
FINANCIAL DATA SUMMARY (2013-2016 - PILOT PHASE)
We met our $1 million fundraising goal for the pilot phase. 80% of this money went back into programming and support for you and the communities we serve together. Participants’ contributions cover less than 25% of our total expenses to run the quality and number of programs we offer. The other 75% comes from people like you who are invested in building a church of mercy for yourself and for future generations.
With your incredible generosity, we have been able to save $200,000 as seed money to propel us out of the pilot phase and into a sustainable future. We need to continue to raise $400,000 each year to maintain our current scope. Meeting an annual fundraising goal of $500,000 enables us to expand to more parishes, more communities, and more young adults while building an endowment that secures this mission for generations to come.
EXPANSIONS IN 2017
- New territories:
- Formation and retreats for Alaska’s Yupik young adults of the Yukon–Kuskokwim Delta
- An added Caritas Retreat in Boise, ID
- Supporting outreaches to parishes in Dallas, TX and Charlotte, NC
- Expanded offerings to young families:
- "Moment of Pause" Days of Prayer
- Dolores Mission Adopt-a-Family
- Faith Sharing Groups
- Casa Building trips and a new home sponsored by a young US couple
* See page 113 of Fr. Nicholas Lombardo's book, 20s/30s Ministry: A Guide For Parishes.